Bone Broth Rice Pilaf
2 tbsp unsalted butter, viagra order or other healthy fat
1/2 cup diced onions
1 cup of long grain rice
2 cups of bone broth
sea salt, to taste!
Position rack in centre of oven and preheat to 350°F.
In a medium saucepan (with lid) melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 3-4 minutes.
Add rice and stir for 2 minutes, or until opaque and has a nutty aroma. Add broth and salt and bring just to a boil.
Cover with lid and transfer to oven for 25-30 minutes or until rice is tender and all of the broth is absorbed. Remove from oven and let sit for 5-10 minutes.
Fluff rice with a fork, and finish with scallions, fresh herbs, etc. as desired.
Serve hot and enjoy.
Better Barbecue Sauce
- 1 tbsp. unrefined coconut oil
- 1 cup minced fresh onion
- 1 tbsp. naturally-fermented soy sauce
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 1/3 tsp. ground chipotle chili powder
- 1 tsp. dry basil
- 1 tsp. dry oregano
- 1 6oz. can tomato paste
- 1 1/4 cups beef broth
- 2 tbsp. raw apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. stevia
- 1 tbsp. honey
Heat oil in a 1 quart saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and stir until tender, about 5 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and whisk until smooth. Bring to a low boil, cover, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring periodically until mixture thickens, 20 to 30 minutes. Pour into wide-mouth glass jar; allow to cool. Cover and refrigerate. Use within 2 weeks or freeze.
Paelo Whole30 Ketchup
- ½ cup chopped, pitted dates
- 1 6oz can tomato paste, organic if possible
- 1 14oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons coconut vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup bone broth or water
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Add all ingredients to a small sauce pan.
- Cook on medium low for 20 minutes and then turn heat off.
- Using an immersion blender, puree mixture until smooth.
- Remove blender and turn back on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Store in mason jars or similar jars in the fridge for 2-3 weeks.
Yields: 3 cups